What is multi-factor authentication or 2FA?
Multi-factor authentication, or two-factor authentication (2FA), is a way of logging into a website that requires something a user knows (password) and something they have on them (a phone). 2FA adds an extra layer of security because it requires a username and password as well as a second unique code to be generated on a second device, making it more difficult for unauthorised people to access yours and your clients' data.
Steps to Set up multi factor authentication:
- On your device (mobile or tablet), download the free Google Authenticator app from either the Apple App Store of the Android Google Play Store
- Visit ntaacorporate.com.au/two-fa-reset/setup and enter your NTAA registered email address
- You will be sent an email, click on the link to the setup page
- Using your device, scan the QR code pictured on the setup page (you will need to allow access to the camera)
- Enter the code and hit confirm.