Back to KnowledgeBase

The corporate trustee of my trust has changed its company name, can you reflect this in the trust deed?

As long as the company is remaining as trustee and has only changed it name, you should keep a copy of the the company name change certificate with the trust deeds. 

If a third pary (such as a bank) insists on this being updated in the the trust deed we can prepare a deed of confirmation to show that, although the company has changed its name, it still remains trustee of the trust. It is rare this this will be required; keeping the name change certificate with the deeds is usually sufficient.